Wednesday 21 October 2009

What it is all about

Well strangely enough I've started a new blog, something i have been thinking of for a long time. Strange because i haven't been very good at writing in my other blog 'Stop The Clock'. What is different about this blog. Well, it is going to be a christian blog only.

This will not be a devotional but as the title suggests a recording of the things God has been doing in my life over the last two years and my yearnings for what i hope he does in the future.

The last couple of years have been a steep learning curve for me in my christian journey and i feel the need to write it down here rather than in the haphazard way i have of using many different note books.

Now i have given my testimony of how i became a Christan in my 'Stop The Clock' blog so i don't intend to repeat it here. Suffice to say that i have spent my whole christian life in the one Methodist church and on the few occasions when i have asked God if he wanted me to move the answer has always been a loud 'no'. Right from very early on in my christian walk my views veered towards evangelical charismatic, or is that charismatic evangelical... Anyway my understanding of being a Christan would be considered both evangelical and charismatic.

For years things have trundled along, sometimes having times of being hungry for more. Sometimes seeing small glimpses of what might be and then times of apathy, dry deserts, wilderness and back sliding. But after going through a very dark time of which there is no point in explaining here, a change occurred.

God started doing a new thing all around the world it would seem but certainly in my life.

He started showing me lots of things and bringing other things to my notice. Like certain American preachers that i had always been told to have nothing to do with. Heretics i was told, so i never bothered with them. Now having looked at the preaching and teaching of the ones that have caught my attention i realise that whilst not all they say i agree with, most of them really walk the talk and are doing great things for God. No one teaches or preached 100% correct, unless you are Jesus because we are fallible humans. So i say to those who judge (and i say it kindly). What is it that you get wrong. I know for myself i do not necessarily believe the same things now as i did at the beginning of my walk, but that doesn't make me a heretic.

One of the things i felt God saying at the beginning of this new time of learning was that he wanted me to cross the road and look at things from a new perspective. He said there was nothing wrong with driving along on the left-hand side of the road but now was the time to go over to the other side and see things from there. At about the same time, a very good friend who is also a very spiritual person, told me about a dream he had that was very similar to what i felt God had said to me. He also had been told to go over to the right-hand side of the road.

So this is the start of what has been happening over the last two years and what a two years it has been. But more of that later.


2 comments:

  1. I'll be reading your new blog. I think it is important to tell about our journey with the Lord and where it takes us. Mountains and valleys and sometimes just the plains...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be looking forward to your faith journey as it unfolds.

    You can read mine if yu wish under 'my story' on my sidebar. I am a friend of Brian's.

    ReplyDelete